Congrats to #40, Julia for winning the Pima County Fair Prize Pack!
The Pima County Fair opens in just about 2 weeks! It runs April 18th – 28th! Main gates open at 1pm during the week and 10 am on the weekends. The carnival rides open at 3pm Monday-Friday and at 11am on the weekends. We took the boys for the first time last year and they had a blast! There are a few new kiddie land rides this year and my boys can’t wait to check them out!
Check below for tips on attending the fair with little kids and discounts!
Pima County Fair 2013 with little kids:
I recommend bringing a stroller or wagon but you can also rent them at the fair.
- Kiddie Land Carnival is located near the main entrance with rides suited for our littlest visitors!
- Check out the Kiddie Kingdom in Pima Hall built especially for our young royal visitors, experience fairies, dragons and imagination stations. Perfect for kids 8 and under!
- There is also a Mother’s Area in Pima Hall with comfortable furniture, a crawl and climb area, nap space, tables and baby wipes for changing. You can also find privacy for changing and breastfeeding if you need it.
- The Interactive Science and Agriculture Activity Centers are located in Old Pueblo Hall. These exhibits are designed for hands on fun for kids 10 and under.
- The Petting Zoo is always a favorite and located directly across from the red animal barn and The Great American Pony Trail Ride is located across from Corona Plaza.
Check out my Pima County Fair review from last year with more tips on heading to the fair with little kids!
Pima County Fair Admission & Discounts:
- Admission is $8 for Adults and $3 for kids 6-10.
- Kids 5 and under are free.
Pima County Fair discount days:
Thursday, April 18: Free admission until 3:00 with 2 cans of food to benefit the Community Food Bank!
Sunday, April 21st: Free admission with an original Brugger’s receipt of $5+
Monday, April 22nd: $2.00 Parking and $2.00 Admission.
Tuesday, April 23: $2.00 rides and $2.00 menu items from participating vendors!
Wednesday, April 24th: Free admission until 3:00 with any Wendy’s Combo Meal original receipt! $2.00 food and drink menu items 4:00 – 6:00 p.m!
Friday April 26th: $2 admission with military ID.
Sunday, April 28th: Free admission until noon with 2 cans of food to benefit the Vail Food Pantry
And don’t forget about the Fry’s Food Stores 10 rides for $10 deal! They are available to purchase at Fry’s stores through April 17th and are valid Monday-Friday Only. We used these last year, totally the way to go!!
Kids (K-8) can earn 3 free rides with the Read & Ride Report Form.
Check out the Pima County Fair website for more ride discounts including wristband days and the fast pass option! Plus you can follow the Pima County Fair and RCS Fun on Facebook for more information and giveaways!
And speaking of giveaways… I have one too!
I am giving away a Pima County Fair prize pack! It includes 2 fair admission passes, 6 ride cards, 1 Pima county fair t-shirt and a stuffed animal from the midway. Who wants to win?
Let’s keep the entries simple (2 total per person).
Mandatory 1st entry
What’s your favorite part of the fair? The exhibits, rides, food, the smiles from your kids???
Optional 2nd entry (after completing the entry above)
That’s it! The giveaway ends on April 17th at midnight. I will select the winner using random.org
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post, I love hosting giveaways for you guys! I am also receiving fair admission and ride tickets for my family to conduct a review of the fair. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Disclaimer: RCS is not responsible for lost or stolen prizes. Prizes won via 3rd party sites hold no cash value and may not be refunded or exchanged.