We have a go to list of go-to meals that we often repeat each month, this easy fajita soup is one of them. It’s a yummy one pot soup.
It started as a Taco Soup a few years ago after finding the recipe in 101 Things to Do with Meatballs. With experimentation over the years, we have modified into more of a Fajita style soup. I have to admit this soup doesn’t beat the White Bean and Kale soup I make a but it’s much easier to make. The only real prep is chopping and sautéing the onions and bell peppers. Other than that you just dump everything into the pot!
Easy Fajita Soup Recipe
- 16 Frozen Meatballs
- 2 onions
- 4 bell peppers, I shoot for at least two different colors
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- I can corn (drained)
- 1 or 2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 small can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 3/8 cup Taco Seasoning (1 1/2 packets of taco seasoning)
- ~5 cups of water
- Start by cooking the meatballs in the microwave (check the manufacturer’s directions but it’s like 3 minutes), cut in 1/2 and set aside.
- Dice onions and bell peppers, then saute until the onions are translucent.
- Dump everything into the pot and cover with water (~ 5 cups). I like to have about 1/2 inch of water covering everything.
- Stir and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- We top with fat free sour cream (makes the broth a little creamy), tortilla chips and shredded cheese (I skip the cheese to keep it healthier and the sour cream
I usually have all the ingredients on hand, so it’s easy to throw together last minute! If you try, let me know what you think!*Affiliate Amazon Link