Did you know November is Peanut Butter Lover’s month? Personally I LOVE peanut butter every month but I am up for some extra special celebrating this month!
Today I am sharing a Hot Elvis Sandwich in honor of Peanut Butter Lover’s Month! It’s super easy and super yummy!
Hot Elvis Sandwich
I encountered an awesome Hot Elvis Sandwich in San Diego during BlogHer last year. http://desertchicaramblings.com/2011/09/blogher11-the-fun-the-food-the-freebies-part-2/
Inspired by an awesome sandwich I had at BlogHer last year in San Diego.
- Peanut butter – crunchy or smooth, I prefer crunchy
- Banana – level of ripeness is your preference
- Thick white bread
- Butter or margarine
- If your bread isn’t very thick or sturdy, start by toasting it very lightly.
- Then spread butter on one side of both slices of bread.
- On the opposite side of one slice, liberally spread the peanut butter.
- On the other slice cover with thin slices of banana or spread on mashed bananas.
- Grill both sides of the sandwich on medium heat until toasted nicely. Monitor the temperature to make sure you don’t burn it.
- Enjoy your Hot Elvis Sandwich!
Optional: some people may choose to add bacon. I do not.