Congrats to #32, Kimberly! Thanks to everyone that entered!
Here’s a fun and easy Halloween treat to make with the kiddos. A little twist to the traditional rice krispies treat with a chocolate surprise in the middle!
- 3 T butter/margarine
- 1 10 oz package of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 12 mini candy bars – I used milky way minis
- fall colored sprinkles
- small green candy – I used green dots and green tootsie roll minis
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add Rice Krispies.
- Stir until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallow-butter mixture.
- Form pumpkin shapes around 1 chocolate piece with ~1/2 C warm cereal mixture. Your hands should be well buttered hands, This is a very messy step.
- Roll pumpkin in fall colored sprinkles.
- Top with a small green candy stem. Cut the tootsie roll minis into one-thirds and shaped into a stem. A sort of pyramid shape worked for me.
Recipe modified from Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Pumpkin Surprise Treats
My boys had a blast making and eating these yummy treats!
Win a Rice Krispies kit to make your own Pumpkin Surprise Treats (~$20 value)!
How to Enter (2 Total Entries):
- Share your favorite Halloween treat to make!
- Share this giveaway online and leave me another comment here letting me know how you shared.
You must leave a separate comment on this blog post for each entry. I will use a random number generator to select the winner. The giveaway ends Friday, October 26th, around 10pm (PST time). US residents, 18+ only. If the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. See the official giveaway rules here.
Disclosure: “Kellogg Company® has provided me with a Kellogg’s Rice Krispies® Surprise Pumpkin Treats™ Kit to conduct a reader giveaway. However, my opinions about the product are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive sentiments toward Kellogg Company or its products.”