Congrats to the winner #11, Chloe S! Thanks to everyone for entering!
On our recent trip to Disneyland, we flew out of Phoenix and had the chance to check out The Parking Spot.
The Parking Spot is a private, off-site airport parking alternative. Normally we just park at the airport economy parking lot.
Before this trip I never saw the point in parking off site even if I could save a few bucks. In our case the price of the Parking Spot was equal to the airport economy parking but the service was far superior.
This is why I love the Parking Spot!
The Parking Spot shuttle meets you at your car.
Let me say that again. The shuttles MEETS you at your car.
I can’t tell you how many times I have parked at the airport only to (1) circle the lot trying to find a parking spot and then (2) find a spot that’s as far a way as possible from a shuttle stop.
You know that shuttle stop where you have to drag all the luggage and kiddos to BEFORE the next shuttle arrives, or else you are waiting another 10 minutes for the next shuttle?
I didn’t fully appreciate the Parking Spot’s “door to door” service until our return trip home. We missed our original flight and arrived home several hours later than we intended. Thankfully the “spotted” shuttle picked us up within a few minutes, and we collapsed on to the comfy seats.
Naturally, Elliot promptly fell asleep.
Thankfully the shuttle driver took us directly to our car and helped us with our luggage – the Parking Spot’s standard procedure.
That return trip sealed the deal for us! There was no need to carry a sleeping child through a parking lot, searching for our car with 3000 lbs of luggage and another exhausted kid. All the while exhausted ourselves.
We will definitely be using the Parking Spot the next time we fly from Phoenix. The door to door service alone would be worth paying extra for but luckily you don’t have to!
Why you will love the Parking Spot:
- 35 locations at 22 different airports.
- "Door to Door” service – convenient for adults and essential for families!
- Covered and uncovered parking at most locations (some even have valet).
- Prices vary by location but for Phoenix they are comparable to airport economy parking.
- Frequent shuttle service mean airport pick ups every 5-7 minutes – our pick up was much quicker than that!
- Drivers write down your parking location and help with luggage.
- You can save up to 25% (through 1/31/13) with the More Spots, More Savings promotion.
- Frequent parkers can earn free parking with the Spot Club.
- Complimentary USA Today newspaper if you enter before 9AM Monday-Friday.and free bottles of cold water when you check out! I definitely appreciate the cold water in Arizona!
More about the Parking Spot
About The Parking Spot and the More Spots More Savings promotion
The Parking Spot is the nation’s largest near-airport parking operator, providing parking and shuttle service at 24 airports around the country in distinctive spotted shuttles. The Parking Spot Network includes Parking Spot branded facilities at Atlanta Hartsfield, Austin Bergstrom, Buffalo – Niagara, Dallas Fort Worth, Dallas Love Field, Denver International, Houston Hobby, Houston George Bush Intercontinental, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, Nashville, Newark, New York JFK, Oklahoma City Will Rogers, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix Sky Harbor, Pittsburgh, Port Columbus, and Lambert -St. Louis.
Now who wants to try the Parking Spot?
Win a voucher for 1 week of parking at The Parking Spot, good on all parking types including covered and valet!
How to Enter (3 Total Entries):
- Leave a comment sharing your favorite place to visit
- Let me know you are a fan of Desert Chica Ramblings on Facebook
- Share this giveaway online and leave me another comment here letting me know how you shared.
You must leave a separate comment on this blog post for each entry. I will use a random number generator to select the winner. The giveaway ends Friday, November 9th, around 10pm (AZ time). US residents, 18+ only. If the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I was provided with a voucher to the Parking Spot for the purposes of a review. They are also providing the winner’s parking voucher. No compensation was received. As always, all opinions are my own.